We are an award winning, food ingredients company on the Shropshire/Worcestershire border and have a newly created vacancy within the Operations team.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful applicant will assist with the site’s quality management system which is aligned to the BRC food safety standard.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with the maintenance of the Quality Management System in line with current BRC standard and the company methodology
• Assist in organising internal training as a result of changes to the quality and safety manuals policies and procedures
• Involvement with site HACCP reviews
• Issue and control of product specifications for internal product QC release
• Completion of customer specifications and questionnaires
• Dealing with customer complaints relating to technical and production issues and carrying out trend analysis as required
• Assist with approval of suppliers as defined in the Quality Manual
• Ensure external finished product testing is completed including gluten swabs and microbiology
• Involvement with external customer audits and any resulting corrective action plans
• Conduct quality audits based on the internal audit schedule
The ideal candidate must:
• Already have some experience in the food industry or a manufacturing environment
• Show an understanding of a quality management system
• Have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Good computer literacy
• Good attention to detail
• Show initiative
• Be able to work at a fast pace
Our modern and welcoming offices are located in a rural location with no public transport links; therefore access to your own transport is essential.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the position and the qualifications you have achieved.
Closing Date: 14th April 2019
Salary indication: £22k – £26k per annum depending on experience, plus pension, free on-site parking and staff gym. This is a full time role however applications from part time candidates are welcomed.
Notice to recruitment agencies: We don’t accept any speculative CVs from recruitment agencies or suppliers who are not part of our preferred supplier list (which is now closed to new suppliers). Thank you for your co-operation.